- Wallace’s Homevalue, Wexford announced as the ‘United in Excellence Store of The Year Award’ overall winner as hardware stores across the country are recognised for retail excellence.
12 Oct – Hardware and builders merchant stores from around the country have been honoured for achieving exceptional standards in retailing at the ‘United in Excellence Awards’ ceremony, hosted by Comedian, Mario Rosenstock at Mount Wolseley Hotel Spa & Golf Resort, County Carlow.
Wallace’s Homevalue, Wellington Bridge, Co Wexford won the overall and highly coveted award, ‘United in Excellence Store of The Year 2023’, beating competition from over 160 other exceptional stores. Wallace’s is a family-run, third-generation company serving the community of Wellingtonbridge in Wexford and beyond for more than 75 years, with a firm focus on their commitment to customers.
Paul Candon, Group CEO, United Hardware said: “Our United in Excellence Awards recognise and celebrate best-in-class offerings, standards and customer service across the hardware industry. I would like to personally congratulate all the winners and those nominated for their achievements, and in particular the overall winner this year, Wallace’s Homevalue, in Wexford. They have made a significant investment in their store standards and this achievement is a testament to their unwavering commitment to perfection making them truly deserving winners this year. All our winning members have significantly raised the bar when it comes to excellence in retailing and have proven that they are the very best hardware stores in Ireland. Thank you to our main sponsors on the night Unilin, Dulux Paints, Cedral, Glennon Brothers, Grundfos, Calor, Irish Cement, Wavin, Einhell and Mannok and our silver sponsor Soudal”.
Joseph Wallace from Wallace’s Homevalue, said: “We are delighted to receive the award on behalf of our full team in recognition of all their hard work, dedication, and determination they have put into ensuring that we continue to grow and meet the expectations of our customers. It is our belief that an unwavering focus on customers is what truly sets us apart from others and ensures that our customers know that we are there for them, whatever their needs. For over seven decades, we have built a strong and lasting relationship with our customers to better understand these needs and provide top quality service and products within our community”.
The event involved the presentation of 34 awards over various key business categories such as paint, customer service, light hardware & DIY, merchanting and best regional store. As part of the nomination process, every group member store across the entire network must comply with a strict set of criteria, to ensure that the highest possible standards are continuously upheld. This involves an assessment by Store Operations which also includes an independent mystery shopper audit by an external third party.
The full list of national winners, includes:
Overall Award winners:
- Best Overall Store Munster – Flynn’s Homevalue
- Best Overall Store Leinster – Wallace’s Homevalue
- Best Overall Store Connacht – O’Higgins Homevalue
- Best Overall Store Ulster – Donegal Town Hardware Homevalue
- Best Garden Centre – Kean’s Claremorris
- Guaranteed Irish Store – Callan Co-op Homevalue
- Best Social Media Presence – EEC Homevalue
- Marketing Champion of The Year – P.J. Kelly’s Homevalue
- Best Overall Store in Ireland – Wallace’s Homevalue
Homevalue is one of Ireland’s leading DIY, Hardware, and Homeware groups with a network of over 90 Guaranteed Irish accredited stores nationwide that are committed to providing the best range of products at the lowest price. Whether you are building, repairing, improving, furnishing, or decorating your home, Homevalue has got you covered. Homeowners, DIY enthusiasts and professional tradespeople alike know that Homevalue means real value and real expertise.
Other regional award winners on the night, included:
Best Customer Service Store:
- Best Customer Service Store Munster – Ronayne’s Homevalue
- Best Customer Service Store Leinster – Ferdia Homevalue
- Best Customer Service Store Connacht – P.J. Kelly Homevalue
- Best Customer Service Store Ulster – B.M.G Homevalue
- Best Customer Service Store Overall – Ronayne’s Homevalue
Best Paint Store:
- Best Paint Store Munster – West Cork Building Supplies Homevalue
- Best Paint Store Leinster – Smyth’s Homevalue Enniscorthy
- Best Paint Store Connacht – O’Higgins Homevalue
- Best Paint Store Ulster – Donegal Town Hardware Homevalue
- Best Paint Store Overall – Smyth’s Homevalue Enniscorthy
Best Light Hardware Store:
- Best Light Hardware Store Munster – Bandon Co-Op Homevalue Kilbrogan
- Best Light Hardware Store Leinster – EEC Homevalue
- Best Light Hardware Store Connacht – Keans Claremorris
- Best Light Hardware Store Ulster – Coyle’s Homevalue
- Best Light Hardware Store Overall – EEC Homevalue
Best Merchant Store:
- Best Merchant Store Munster – McCarthy’s Homevalue
- Best Merchant Store Leinster – Wallace’s Homevalue
- Best Merchant Store Connacht – Cooney’s Homevalue
- Best Merchant Store Ulster – Gould’s Homevalue
- Best Merchant Store Overall – Cooney’s Homevalue
Heating & Plumbing Store:
- Heating & Plumbing Store Munster – Burke’s Homevalue Kanturk
- Heating & Plumbing Store Leinster – Lambert’s Homevalue
- Heating & Plumbing Store Connacht – Nioclás Ó Conchubhair Teo Homevalue
- Heating & Plumbing Store Ulster – Greenline Plumbing Suppliers
- Best Heating & Plumbing Overall – Greenline Plumbing Suppliers